Thursday 18 August 2016

Meal prepping, Getting organized.



I love meal prepping, it makes life so much easier, I cook big meals 2x a week and Sunday's are my guilty pleasure days.
When I cook big meals on Mondays i cook  for Monday/ Tuesday /Wednesday  and then on Thursdays I cook for Thursdays/Fridays / Saturdays.

Chicken is my absolute favourite and it keeps nicely in the fridge for 3 days as most other food.


My normal menu might look like this :

Breakfast :
Bacon + boiled egg + Apple
Fruit Smootie
Omelette ( I love making the Omelette muffins and keep them in the fridge for 3 days or frozen up to 30 days )
Gluten free oatmeal made with Water or almond milk + Berries

Lunch :
Gluten free wrap with salad, egg and some sort of meat or chicken
Dinner from the night befor
Egg + bacon and beans
Free from pasta + chicken + chopped up cucumber, tomato and celery + sause

Dinner :
Sweet potato cottage pie
Chicken + Rice + veg
Steak + tomato + sweet potato wedges
Salmon + roasted asparagus + mash (either normal or sweet potato , I prefer to use sweet potato)
Meatballs + freefrom spagetti + home made Tomato sause
Chicken salad
Curry + rice


Then I am sorting out a few treats  and nibbles that are healthy and lovely to grab if im fancying something a bit sweeter.



Im constantly adding to my list, finding what I think work well togeather and making up new recipes.
I usually put them on my instagram @justdiymama


I got 2 kids, 2 and 3 1/2, life is busy, I work 3-4 days/nights a week and I train Crossfit as much as I can , along with doing some home exersizes.

I find the days I prepp are a bit hectic, alot of washing up, but the days between so easy!, there is 10x less washing up and cleaning
Defenately worth giving a try.

Any questions welcome to message me xx

Rakel Kela Gunnlaugsdottir @justdiymama at instagram and twitter


1 comment:

  1. Meal prepping makes things so much easier during the busy work week. My husband and I try to do it as often as we can. Great suggestions!

    ReplyDelete