Monday 22 August 2016

Breakfast anyone??


 Breakfast!

I have always struggled with breakfast, I want something quick and easy and effortless or just not to eat anything.

But I started making breakfast the day before or even making 3 days worth at a time.

Here are some of my favourites :




Protein pancakes :
2 eggs, 1/2 cup almond milk, scoop of your protein powder and then add flour until me mixture is smooth and has a pancake-y texture.,
cook on both sides on the pan.
They are super easy to store and even freeze 



Oatmeal!
I use gluten free oats,
Its always up to personal taste how thick you like your porridge, I like mine really thick! 

Easy to make the night before and leave in the fridge and to add something extra put a spoonful of Chia seeds  :)
topped with mix of seeds and what ever berries I got in the fridge.



Banana Raisin and oatmeal fingers :)
Mash up 1 banana, 1 cup oatmeal and as many raisins as you like.
roll in preferable sizes and bake in the oven until golden and firm :) 

My kids love these and they are easy to keep and something nice to grab on the go 




The breakfast I have when I'm not really feeling like breakfast :
Chop up apple and pear and enjoy it with my coffee :)



Almond yogurt with added fruit and berries and topped with cinnamon 




Gluten and dairy free crispbread with pesto and some berries :) simple and lovely.





Omelet Muffins:

I usually use about 4 egg whites to 1 whole egg.
quantity depends on how many i need to make.
I mix the eggs together and put to one side.
then I cut up whatever I want in the omelet, Ham, bacon, mushrooms and/or onions. and place in my muffin tray ( oil the muffin tray before adding ingredients).
and then top them off with eggs..
cook in the oven until the eggs are cooked through.

keep nice for 3 days in the fridge, and easily frozen.
I take them out of the freezer the night before I want to eat  :D


Simple omelet
for the omelet I usually use 3 whites to 1 egg.
add whatever i fancy and on the pan! 
I don't always want a full blown salad for breakfast so just add cucumbers or just tomatoes or apples to the side :D


Hope this has given you some nice and easy breakfast ideas
I like simplicity and still want to keep it healthy!

Any questions welcome to message me xx


Instagram, twitter and facebook @justdiymama





No comments:

Post a Comment